Monday, March 30, 2020

March 2020

NOTE;  i wrote this three days ago and I can’t figure out why it went to the top of my page.  Please scroll down to see the posts from Friday and today.  

These are unusual times for all of us, and I think I’ve been out of sorts for most of this new year.  We travelled over the new year holidays, and I returned from a wonderful time with friends and family not feeling well at all.  I had an infection in a bone in my face, and required surgery to remedy the problem.  yuck!  Recovery was uneventful but slow.  I’ve continue to work on 4 projects over the duration and will soon be able to reveal them in their finished state.  

In the meantime, I pray that all of you are safe and well and keeping to a routine that nurtures you and yours.  Social isolation is not a normal state for humans and it’s only because this is our only weapon in managing how Covid-19 decimates a community, that any of us can sustain it.  I long for my days in our local library pulling books off the shelves to learn about new things and feed my inner artist.  Or, for the days I could hop on the bus 74 for a ride to Creative Reuse of Pittsburgh for inspiration and supplies.  A movie date with my beloved is a memory cherished and unless our local drive-in theatre opens their season early, it will be a while until I can fluff (my word for full-stop glam) put on my heels and go out.  In the meantime, I’m in my Puma flats and tights hanging on the couch watching Hulu, Acorn, and Netflix!

My beloved is blessed to work for a great company, and he and his staff are working from home.  What a wonderful and unusual thing to have him home all day long.  We’re sharing the big long work table and I am playing nicely, I promise. 

About my doll work:  The dress up doll’s wardrobe is coming along nicely.  Here are some pictures of my little girl in her dress and petticoat and a few of the work while ‘in progress.’  Her wardrobe includes a school outfit (jacket, skirt and blouse) nightie and robe, a play outfit and a velvet collared tweed wool poncho.  I’ll post pictures of those on another day, and I’ll look forward to our visit then, 








Attaching a lace edging to the petticoat hemline.












The dress before the neckline 
has been gathered.

No comments:

Post a Comment