Friday, March 27, 2020

Topsy Turvy Girl + Forest Cat

Routines help in times of chaos, so I’m committing to write about my work on a consistent basis with new posts every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  

The history of the Topsy Turvy doll and the unique way I can present storytelling in the doll form really appeals to me.  I am much more interested in it than in the form of the dress up doll.  That isn’t to say that coming up with wardrobe ideas and picturing a child playing out the imaginary activities of a doll’s life doesn’t bring joy, but it is a different kind of experience.  

Of the four projects currently in progress in my workshop, two are Topsy Turvy upside down dolls.  This it the girl side of a doll + forest cat I wrote about previously,  I finished her braided coiled hairstyle created from a length of vintage chocolate brown boiled wool last evening. She’s ready now to have her undergarments applied, and then the forest cat face and ears can be completed.  One step at a time and a new personality and friendship is born!


I’m excited to show you how she and her best friend come together.  I promise to continue to document the completion of this project and the others I have in progress.  I hope you’ll check back with me to see the steps
I take, and enjoy the process with me.

Stay well and safe.  All my best wishes to you and yours in the midst of the our times of uncertainty.

No comments:

Post a Comment